Friday, May 8, 2009

Explosive Diarrhea

"The promise of a new day..."

That phrase sounds so....promising. It evokes thoughts of the sun peeking over the horizon, birds chirping, strains of Vivaldi's Spring floating in the background as you stretch to greet the grand potential of the day to come. But promises, however positive the connotation may be, aren't always heralds of good things to come.

I awoke with Sam the sick cat meowing directly into my ear. Unusual behavior, but his sickness of late has prompted odd behaviors from him that aren't necessarily significant. This behavior was significant.

The next hour was spent on my knees, scrubbing the floor, gagging, lighting candles, scrubbing the cat, crying to the heavens, "Why?!? Dear God, no! How could there be more?!!" Poor Sam was doing his best to get it all in the litter box and clean himself up (as evidenced by the 5-foot long skid mark on the carpet he used as toilet paper), but it just kept sneaking up on him.

I am not looking forward to seeing what wonders await my lunchtime return home.

1 comment:

  1. I have so been there. With kids & pets alike. Hope your day gets better...

    ReplyDelete