Monday, May 4, 2009

Self-indulgence

Oh, the pressure of creating the introductory post...as though it's of any consequence or interest to anyone but me. Even so, if the purpose of this is simply self-gratification, and it is, then that's a weighty enough reason to ponder every word. Turn each phrase just so...

I begin this blog with a particular phrase bouncing around my head. Something I've heard time and again.

"A writer must write."

I've always fancied myself a writer, but I don't write. Not really. Well, maybe some, but not how I want to write. Nothing that's any sort of expression of myself. Just crafting the thoughts and ideas of others into clear, concise and persuasive copy. A good outlet for a writer, but devoid of my own voice. So, here I am.

Maybe I'll have some interesting things to say, maybe not, but perhaps you'll at least like the way I say it.

Or not.

After all, this really is just about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment